- 2–5 Players
- 60–180 Min Playing Time
- Age: 12+
- Designer: Larry Harris, Jr.
- English version
It is 1941. Five major powers struggle for supremacy. Germany and Japan are aligned against the great alliance of the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union, and the United States. The Axis has great momentum and is expanding its conquests in both Europe and Asia.
Controlling one of the Axis or Allied powers, you will command both your country’s military forces and its war-time economy. Show that you are a brilliant military strategist by planning your attacks, marshaling your forces into embattled territories, and resolving the conflicts. Victory goes to the side that conquers its opponents on the field of battle and liberates or occupies the greatest cities of the world. Change the course of history in a few short hours!
- STRATEGY BOARD GAME: The Axis & Allies 1941 game is designed for quick setup and streamlined gameplay. It’s an awesome entry into the Axis & Allies world and is great for seasoned players too
- CHANGE THE COURSE OF HISTORY: Choose to play as one of 5 major powers. Victory goes to the side that conquers its opponents on the field of battle, and liberates or occupies the greatest cities of the world
- FAMILIAR MECHANICS: Utilizes the Axis & Allies game mechanics present in the previous Avalon Hill Axis & Allies 1942 2nd Edition (sold separately) as designed by Larry Harris (the creator of the original game)
- NEW UNITS: A key feature for enfranchised players is an entirely new set of unit sculpts. There are 16 all-new designs such as the P-40 Warhawk, Tiger Tank, AVRO Lancaster, FW-190, IS-2 tank, HMS Hood, He-111, and the Akagi Aircraft Carrier. These playing pieces can be used in any other A&A game, and will be desirable to players who seek to expand their A&A collections.
- DETAILED MINIATURES GAME: Expand your collection of detailed miniatures! This edition includes sculpts that can be used in other Avalon Hill Axis & Allies strategy board games (sold separately.)
- IMMERSIVE NARRATIVE: Experience an exciting night of tabletop gameplay! This World War II strategy board game is for 2-5 players, ages 12 and up and takes about 120 minutes to play
Axis & Allies is a series of World War II strategy board games, with nearly two million copies printed. Originally designed by Larry Harris and published by Nova Game Designs in 1981,the game was republished by the Milton Bradley Company in 1984 as part of the Game master Series of board games. This edition would be retroactively named Axis & Allies: Classic to differentiate it from later revisions. In 1996, Axis & Allies: Classic was inducted into the Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design Adventure Gaming Hall of Fame. Games magazine also has inducted Axis & Allies into their buyers’ guide Hall of Fame, an honor the magazine extends to “games that have met or exceeded the highest standards of quality and play value and have been continuously in production for at least 10 years; i.e., classics.
Quick and Convenient: This version is designed to be set up and played more quickly than any previous Axis & Allies board games. n essence, this is a simplified Axis & Allies tabletop gameplay experience that will introduce players to the Axis & Allies mechanics and play style. Play time runs between 1.5 to 2 hours. The game includes 16 sculpts that can be used in other Avalon Hill Axis & Allies board games (sold separately). Gather friends together for an exciting battle of power in this immersive tabletop board game. The game is for 3-6 players, ages 12 and up. Avalon Hill and all related trademarks and logos are trademarks of Hasbro, Inc.
- game board
- 160 plastic pieces
- 50 national control markers
- 34 unit stacking counters
- Battle strip
- 4 dice