Root: The Clockwork Expansion allows players to square off against four fiendishly automated factions. Insert a faction to round out a low-player count game or team up for co-operative play! Compete against the:
- Mechanical Marquise 2.0 – Dodge her marauding patrols as you try to stop her from completing her building tracks.
- Electric Eyrie: Shore up the Woodland’s defenses against this fearsome invader. If they go unchallenged, the Woodland will soon be flooded with their forces.
- Automated Alliance – Police these radicals and raze their bases before a little uprising turns into a massive rebellion.
- Vagabot – Hunt the dastardly Vagabot across the many clearings of the game or attempt to court him with items.
Base game of Root required.
1–4 Players / 60–90 Min Playing Time / Age: 10+
Square off against four fiendishly automated factions that can be used in solo, competitive, or cooperative games.
The Clockwork Expansion contains automated versions of all four factions from the base game of Root: the Mechanical Marquise 2.0, Electrical Eyrie, Automated Alliance, and Vagabot. This expansion is fully compatible with our other expansions, so if you want to play the Riverfolk or the Corvids against the Clockwork factions, you can!
Play it your way.
You can play with the Clockwork factions any way you like. Solo? Great! Add a couple to fill out your multiplayer game? Easy. Cooperate as a team against the Clockwork factions? Yes, even that!
Choose your challenge.
Each Clockwork faction has three difficulty levels. If you want even more variety, you can also add one to four unique traits, giving the faction new powers and features.
- Booklets. Law of Rootbotics.
- Cardboard Pieces. 12 Priority Markers.
- Cards. 12 Difficulties, 16 Traits, 3 Vagabots.
- Other. 4 Faction Boards.
A Game of Woodland Might and Right
Stalk the woods as one of the Vagabonds, seize the initiative with the Eyrie birds of prey, rule over your subjects as the Marquise de Cat, or command the Woodland Alliance to create a new order. With creatures and cunning, you’ll rule a fantastic forest kingdom in the ultimate asymmetric game of adventure and war.
Visit the base game page to learn more: Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right